Sun Worship!

Check out these animal names images:


Sun Worship!
animal names
Image by eclectic echoes
The day I took this was the first really beautiful spring day with a glorious sun shining bright and 60 degrees out. During a break in my class schedule I wandered down to the salt marsh pond near campus and found these two turtles sunning themselves. Oh yes, it's spring!

This is the same pond where I discovered the Botter, a new species whose common name comes from Yeimaya. I'll have to check the science literature and verify it is a new species, but if so I get to name it...maybe Manguru yeimayii


Quanta
animal names
Image by greyloch
Someone brought a rescued puppy (10 months old) to the Washington Monument, named Quanta. She's half Yellow Labrador Retriever - half Siberian Husky (notice her eyes). This is a dog that sheds all the time and in record amounts. :-)

She was very playful and wouldn't stay still long enough for me to take a decent photo of her. This is the best one of the bunch.

Share this article :